5 Tips To Help With Recycling At Work
With companies coming under the spotlight regarding their corporate social responsibility in the recent months, waste recycling has been as important as it has ever been for businesses in the UK.
Each business can all do their bit for the environment, helping to reduce the waste ending up in a landfill site and helping others by recycling the paper, cardboard, plastics, cans, glass & ink cartridges we use on a day to day basis in the workplace. The best part is, that once familiar with the this process in your office or business you get the hang of this pretty quickly & you will find that it is an easy, effective, and useful way to do your bit for the environment.
The following 5 tips will hopefully make recycling at work fun & easy task.
1. Learn more about what can be recycled. Many people just think about things like cans or bottles when they think about recyclables, but you can actually recycle pretty much anything. This includes textiles, rubber, building, materials, carton and cardboard, and more. Before automatically throwing something into the bin for non-recyclables think carefully about whether you could actually recycle the item in some way or contact your recycling service provider and ask if there is anyway the item can be recycled.
2. Familiarize yourself with the office recycling bins in your workplace. There are different recycle bins for different things, such as some for bottles and cans, some for textiles, etc. It is a good idea to try and familiarize yourself where the bins are to make sure you are as efficient as possible at work and not waste time.
3. Make use of all the recyclables bins. The company you work for should have a environmental policy and within that the promise of those recyclables facilities for the staff.
4. Make sure that you use the right recycle bins for the right products. Do make sure that you use the recycle bins appropriately and don’t just stick all of your items into one recycle bin, as they are separate depending on the type of product that you are dispensing of.
5. Buy recycled products! Buying recycled products helps to stimulate markets for reclaimed materials & reduce the amount of materials going to landfill. It also helps conserve resources and energy and most importantly demonstrates commitment to good environmental practice.
To find out more please visit http://www.recycleofficewaste.co.uk
Article from articlesbase.com
Here are 8 ways to recycle a 2 liter soda bottle. Save the earth, recycle today! Did you know…Americans throw away 2 million plastic bottles an hour. We throw away… More» about 868 million pounds of it annually (about 75% of what’s produced). That’s an estimated 0000000 worth of plastic!
Video Rating: 4 / 5