The Clean Plate Club
Formulated by Colorado State University Emeritus Professor Dr. Shawki Ibrahim, Ph. D. Environmental Science, M.S. Microbiology and B.S. Agriculture, and marketing veteran Mareya Ibrahim, the father and daughter team created the line in response to concerns over growing E-coli and Salmonella scares, pesticide and produce exposure. “We got really frustrated over the fact that food borne illness has not decreased over the last three years despite government agency initiatives. This was confirmed when we purchased fresh arugula at a local grocery store and found traces of E-coli. We had an independent laboratory test the effectiveness of the EAT CLEANER and it removed up to 99.9% of E-coli and Salmonella from the contaminated produce. Consumers and foods services should really question how thoroughly their produce is cleaned if they’re just using water,” commented Dr. Ibrahim. “The water-cleaned control sample was ineffective in removing the bacteria.”
With a proprietary blend of fruit acids and plant based cleaners, this food cleaner is able to strip surface waxes, debris and pesticides away that water is unable to penetrate.
“By the time it reaches our plates, most food has traveled around 1,500 and touched 20 sets of hands. There are over 78 million reported cases of food borne illnesses in the U.S. every year and an average of 30 different pesticides used on our produce. Even triple bagged produce can be a pathogen playground. I have two young children and as a concerned mom, we created this product line to be affordable, effective and easy-to-use,” noted co-founder Mareya Ibrahim. “The great thing is it also helps prolong the shelf life of foods up to 100% longer, helping consumers save money, and deters browning, boosting the appetite appeal of fruit like apples and pears that tend to turn quickly once cut.
EAT CLEANER Attributes:
• Effectively removes pesticides, waxes and dirt that can carry bacteria from commercially and organically grown produce. Also removes surface debris that can carry bacteria from seafood and poultry and be a cross contamination hazard.
• Helps in preventing cross contamination of foods.
• Inhibits browning of light fleshed fruit and vegetables and prolongs shelf life, helping consumers save money
• Safely cleans countertops and cutting surfaces around uncooked produce, seafood and poultry
• Does not alter the natural flavor and smell of foods and leaves no residue
• Available in a ready-to-use spray and innovative wipes
• Low-impact packaging featuring recyclable plastic bottles, compostable substrate and concentrate refills
and has a complete line of consumer and commercial solutions, including:
• Ready-to-Use Fruit + Vegetable Wash // Concentrate Fruit + Vegetable Wash Refill: Just spray and soak for 2 minutes, then rinse
• Ready-to-Use Seafood + Poultry Wash // Concentrate Seafood + Poultry Wash Refill: Just spray and soak for 2 minutes, then rinse
• Grab ‘n Go Fruit + Vegetable Wipes: Cleans the surface of fruit + vegetables without the need to rinse with water. Encourages healthy snacking on the go.
• Wash + Dryer Kit: Features our BPA-free ‘wash + dryer’ to clean and dry produce plus 4 oz. Fruit + Vegetable Wash Concentrate and our Scrub Brush to clean visible dirt
PARTNERSHIP WITH MARTHA STEWART
EAT CLEANER has partnered with the Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia group for the launch of the product line. When consumers purchase the EAT CLEANER Wash + Dryer Kit, a complete washing system that retails for $22, they’ll receive a bonus offer of a one-year subscription (10 issues) to the EVERYDAY magazine, redeemable via a mail-in offer reply card included in the box – a $9 value. “We are extremely excited about our partnership with the MSLO group and believe consumers will be more encouraged to clean and cook wholesome meals everyday,” commented Ibrahim.
“Just think of it like washing your hands before eating – it becomes a habit,” added Dr. Ibrahim. “You wouldn’t wash your dirty hands with just water. With all of the awareness and consumer demand for clean foods, we believe the time is ripe for this food cleaner. Consumers can also join the ‘Clean Plate Club’ online by registering for the weekly website for foods safety and preparation information as well as clean foods recipes found at link below.
ABOUT EAT CLEANER
This is the only all-natural, tasteless and odorless cleaning system for produce, seafood and poultry. Unlike washing with just water, our consumer and commercial products are laboratory-tested and proven to remove up to 99.9% of pesticide residues, waxes and dirt that can carry bacteria from commercially and organically grown produce. This food cleaner also removes surface debris from seafood and poultry and effectively cleans s preparation and cutting surfaces to help deter cross contamination. Additionally, it helps inhibit food browning while prolonging the shelf life of fresh produce. EAT CLEANER is a registered trademark of Grow Green Industries, INC. based in Orange County, California.
To help in reducing the risk of food borne illnesses with this food cleaner, click the link on the left!