Homeopathy, or homeopathic medicine, is often considered synonymous with natural or alternative medicine. But homeopathy is a specific kind of natural medicine.
Homeopathic remedies are said to stimulate the body’s own reactionary, healing response. Homeopathy is based on the Law of Similars, or the “like cures like” philosophy (hence the first part of the word, “homeo,” meaning “like” or “similar”). The theory is that minute, diluted doses of a substance that would cause symptoms in a healthy person can alleviate those same symptoms in an ill person.
For example, caffeine is a stimulant that keeps people awake. But in homeopathy, extremely diluted doses of caffeine and other stimulants would be given to someone suffering from insomnia. This is known as the Law of the Infinitesimal Dose.
Homeopathic remedies focus on healing the whole person, not just curing the illness or alleviating symptoms. This is why homeopathy is so appropriate and helpful for emotional healing. A specific diagnosis is not necessary before undergoing homeopathic treatment. The remedies are chosen based on the patient’s personality and symptoms.
Homeopathic remedies come in various degrees of dilution. The higher the number, the greater the dilution. Remedies that are “3c,” for example, have been diluted less than a “6c” remedy. The “c” stands for hundreds. The 3c remedy is therefore diluted 100 times, then 100 more, then 100 more – 100 to the third power, in other words. Sometimes you will see remedies with an “x” rather than a “c” – this means the dilution is based on 10, not 100. A 12x remedy is about the same dilution as 6c.
While it’s a good idea to consult with a homeopathic practitioner, here are some remedies that are generally recommended for emotional healing.
* Pulsatilla is a remarkable remedy for “weepiness” and depression. It is particularly effective when these symptoms are the result of hormonal shifts in the body, such as puberty, menopause, or post-partum.
* Sepia helps depression that is accompanied by irritability.
* Aurum helps with feelings of self-loathing and thoughts of suicide.
* Calcarea carbonica is used to treat exhaustion and depression, and is helpful with anxiety as well.
* Sepia can help when feeling overwhelmed, especially when these feelings are due to excessive worries and responsibilities.
* Arsenicum can help a person who is suffering from exhaustion or restlessness. It can also help if a person feels stressed over the need to keep his or her house and belongings perfectly clean and neatly organized.
* Chamomilla is a good remedy for children and adults alike. It helps ease irritability and impatience and promotes a sense a calm.
We hope that Coping Strategies for Stress – Emotional Healing with Homeopathy helps you to relieve your stress naturally!